Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

It's been forever since I've posted a recipe!  I forget to take pictures of the food I make, so by the time I remember to do a blog post, the recipe has either been cut up/given away/or eaten. :)  Now that I have a new phone, I'll try to do better! :)

Thanks to Pinterest, I've stumbled across a healthy eating blog that I love! (http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/)  I love hummus, and the combination of cilantro and lime sounded yummy!  I tried it tonight and loved the results!  I don't think I'll buy it premade again.

Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus

Ingredients:

1 (15 oz) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp. lime zest
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine the beans, cilantro (I used 1/2 cup), lime zest, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until mixed.  With the processor on, stream in olive oil until consistency is reached.  (My food processor is large, so I ended up having to whip it together a little by hand.) Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with pita chips, bread, peppers, etc.

1 comment: