Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seasoned Roasted Chickpeas

I love to snack (unfortunately ) and have recently been looking for some healthy new options.  One of my friends made a version of these for me last summer, and I decided to try it for myself.  The chickpeas are a good source of fiber and protein. You can play around with the seasoning and cooking times to make them to your taste.  Next time, I want to try garlic powder or low-sodium taco seasoning.  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
2 (15.5) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder (I used a smoky kind.)
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Place the racks on the top and bottom part of your oven.  In a gallon ziplock bag, add the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.  Add the chickpeas, seal the bag, and toss to coat.  Split the chickpeas between two baking sheets.  Bake, rotating pans from top to bottom after about 20 minutes.  Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If you like softer chickpeas, cook for 25-30 minutes.
*If you like crunchier chickpeas, cook for about 35-40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment